I’m still alive and gosh here is the next Article. Even though my Thailand visit was 2 years ago I have it in such a good memory. I could leave straight away again. Especially looking at all these beautiful places makes living a normal life here hard. This Post is about my arrival on the diving island Koh Tao and my Padi Advance Open Water course. So everything until Full Moon Party which I’m writing about next time …

Have fun reading.

Cheers Jakob


Hop on hop off - 25.9.2012

IMG_3081Here we were. After a long and annoying ride in our anime bus with the swinging chairs we finally arrived in Chumpon (at 3:30 am or so). Still dark and relatively chilly Lulu and I spent some time in the bus arrival house. Everything there looked a bit improvised but we found some seats a power plug and beverages nearby. It was anyway the only choice with the lack of anything else nearby. Sleeping was no option with the uncomfortable seating. I spent my time finishing a movie I started watching in the bus and checking pictures. That’s when I ripped the additional lens protection off my camera cause it ruined in specific situations some of my last pictures.
80 Ringgit (20€) well spent at the KL Airport.


Sooner or later even the computer stuff was too boring and I joined Lulu for a walk around. Now that the sun started to arise and enlightened the surroundings. Despite the tiredness we walked around with our backpacks a bit (what else are you suppose to do with them) exploring the area. I was really keen to leave the mainland. I enjoyed Perhentian Islands in Malaysia, the Gilis in Indonesia, Fraser Island in Australia … so much that I was really excited and restless to go on an Island again.

IMG_3089IMG_3088 Then finally our boat arrived at the boat bridge. Not really a harbor. Not really a boat you’d expect calling fast boat. But anyway. This is supposed to bring us in 3 hours to our destination. Sweet Koh Tao. At least here on it we had a lot of unused plastic chairs like in a Ice hockey stadium attached to the wooden planks on the lower boat floor. Perfect for taking a good long nap never minding the shaky boat ride.

Already on the boat scouts where actively recruiting attendants for their diving classes. Exactly what I wanted to do anyway, so we listened to their introductions and joined them as we got told we get a free bus ride from the harbor to the accommodation area on the island and a drink, even though we don’t take their offer in the end. Sweet. Free stuff. So we accepted and waited for the arrival on the Island. The harbor of Koh Tao is quite small and seems to equally share the purpose by 33% passenger boats, 33% food and beer delivery and 33% diving boats. After getting our stuff from the luggage compartment (a covered pile of backpacks at the back of the ship), we met with the guys from the Big Blue Dive resort and waited for our free ride. A pickup truck with benches on the loading area requested the presence of us and our backpacks. While the bumpy and exciting fast first drive over the island we spent the time gazing around, chit chatting and blurring out. Around 15 minutes later we approached the Blue Dive resort looking like Backpacker heaven. Very rustically, basic, simple and made just out of wood. We took a seat got our drinks and the official speech of our options and afterwards Q&A. We decided against the offer cause Lulu didn’t want to do a dive course and its complementary if you wanna stay here. Anyway, it wasn’t the right crowd here and they where a bit to pushy.

IMG_3089IMG_3092 We thanked for the hospitality, asked to leave our backpacks for a while, said goodbye to the stayers and headed further through the village. Mainly shops and accommodations. Locals don’t seem to live here. That’s the sweet and the sour of not booking in advance. We still had the choice on spot but also the pressure to find something running around after hours and hours of riding a like shit smelling bus, midnight stops at weird service areas (foodcourts, toilets), waiting in the middle of nowhere for the boat and the boat ride itself. Waling in the hot sun doesn’t make anything easier….So we decided to do something for the soul and stomach and had a rest in the village for a very nice late English breakfast with hash browns, sausages, eggs benedict, ham … Enough energy and fat for carrying on our search for the perfect place to stay a while. We looked into a lot of options but most of them out of the budget we wanted to spend. And also I had the requirement of going to a place with a dive school which is literally any place here. In the end we ended up at the Sairee Cottage. The place Dive Barbie Robin is working at as a instructor. Its the nice Canadian girl from Penang (Malaysia) I met with Lexie and Jamie around three weeks ago.

IMG_3243 Sairee Cottage is very nice and laid back but it took us a while to decide for it cause the available cottage wasn’t too nice (I explain and show later) and Miss Hospitality as we called her wasn’t too nice in the beginning either. But it was maybe related to being pregnant and annoyed the whole time by us going back and forth. I was pissed off the whole situation and Koh Tao seemed to me for that moment to be like crap. We where just tired. As bad as the cottage seemed at that point. At least it was just 350 Baht per night (7,80€). We got our Backpacks from the the other option to stay at and moved into our new home. IMG_3093

IMG_3250 What I mentioned earlier about our room is mainly because of the bathroom. Actually just a room in the main room. With walls not reaching until the ceiling. Just up to a height nobody can peak into. Inside the bathroom a sink with an open drain ( I think it was supposed to be like this where the water just spills out of the bottom hole of the sink to the floor flowing to the drain in the middle of the bathroom. The same the water from the cold saltwater shower flows to. The toilet was at least no squatter but had no auto flush. The was an additional water tap for filling the bucket next to it to fill and flush with manually. Of course no AC and no internet.  I know I’m a bit picky uptight and snobbish when you come to a country like this but at that moment I was quite unhappy. And also if us keep the room price in mind its ridiculous cheap. But after a while of backpacking your mindset changes and u try to live on at least as possible for costs like accommodation. We also could have stayed at the same site but worse location and some other features in a dorm room but then more expensive than it would have made any sense. So we just arranged with everything for the moment and decided to top up later when there are some availabilities. And anyway later I just got used to everything. And number two can be done out and abouts Smiley.


IMG_3251 In general the contact with the locals seems to be quite rough (similar to Berlin). They seem to be unfriendly and always annoyed of anything you want. Maybe they are just sick of all us tourists rushing through. They also don’t smile keep the talking to the absolute minimum and only seem nice to other locals. When you see them more often they open up and they just become as nice as everybody else. I went heaps of times throughout my whole stay on Koh Tao to pregnant Miss Hospitality at the reception who turned out very nice later. It took her a while but she was really friendly after a couple of days.


I also signed up to do the PADI open water diving course with her and the dive shop next hut. Three days course, a couple of dives down to 18m water depth, cool aye and a test in the end to get certified? And I got the nights accommodation for free. After all this stress on that first day I thought I earned myself a treat and got another great one hour Thai massage marginally less expensive as a night in the hut. Afterwards I ran into Barbie, ähh  cute Robin she invited us to have dinner with her and the gang. Very nice to have another contact on the island. And sooner or later Lexie and James where supposed to show up as well.


Lulu and I had an appointment with Robin and her other friends at that Italian place following the ascending road passing other dive shops like Roctopus.Half way up the elevation was this tiny Italian restaurant. As usual with cheap garden chairs but with a nice big table and even a tablecloth was on. Kind of special for the last few weeks. Everything in an open space of course, like a little porch. The owners where even real Italians and through the door its possible to peek on them while cooking and baking their delicious home made bread and Foccacia. A very untypical view here on a tropical island. Robin an her other friends, all from my diving school she’s working at, come quite often here. Im soo bad, but I forgot all there names. Only remember Sanne from Holland, then there was a nice friendly couple from Norway and a few more. Unfortunately I also didn't take any pictures that evening. After that lush dinner we where invited to join them to the locals bar. Lulu declined and went home but I joined. When we arrived this place was quite busy. But I noticed its not really locals drinking here, its all the diving teachers. But no matter what I had a gin tonic. Later that night the Norwegian guy advised me to try the carpet bomb drink. A quite big glass topped up with half Amaretto and the other half rum. Awesome, I just searched for Carpet Bomb and Koh Tao and directly my diving cottage comes up at trip advisor saying don’t let them convince you to drink that :-). They do it always. But anyway, it was good and I didn’t feel bad at all. Okay I stumbled going home but nothing wrong with that.   

In Paradise, again? – 26.9.2012

I slept awfully long and directly installed my waterproof camera case I bought in KL in preparation of going snorkeling later. But first we went to the New Heaven Cafe. There I had a good big breakfast with homemade bread. Lulu and I decided then to rent two scooters and explore Koh Tao with them. Getting a scooter is quite easy. We only had to fill out a form, assure our scooter aren't damaged and select a helmet and off we where. went with Lulu to Leuk Bay for snorkeling.


IMG_3097 Driving there with scooters is hell of a lot of fun. The main roads are just badly done asphalted roads with a lot holes. In between every now and then big pieces just bare soil. But that makes driving even more exciting. I’m happy I already have some driving experience from Bali and Waheke Island in NZ. Enough to feel safe driving at least. The side roads are usually just gravel roads sometimes even just concrete plates or pure soil. But that way driving too fast is impossible and I had more time enjoying the beautiful surroundings. We went from our accommodation though the neat little town center overland to the other side of the island passing by poor looking shacks, nicer cottages, little mountainous areas and beautiful foliage covered metal roads down to a grass patch used as a parking lot near the accommodation and the restaurant in Leuk Bay. Actually that's all what it is. A beautiful bay with colorful blue water, pebbly rocks in the water lush vegetation and a big tree house restaurant a bit elevated in the rocky ascends. Oh yeah, and of course last but not least heaps of life in the water. The main reason to come here. Its a well known place for a beautiful snorkel experience.

IMG_3098IMG_3100 The perfect place testing my waterproof camera case before going into real deep water while diving. I was a bit nervous first cause I didn't want neither could have afforded a new camera without shortening my trip or minimizing other expenses e.g. reducing drinking ;-). Of course, not an option really. But luckily the sealed case worked like charm. No water got into the case and we snorkeled away taking heaps of underwater pictures. I only got a few nice shots, but it definitely needs some work to get proper nice colored sharp pictures. While diving it might be nicer cause you can move in a slower pace and more stable. I could take the camera now down to 40m but ill be allowed only 18m in the Padi Open Water. But still not too bad.


IMG_3135 Exactly that’s what I had to leave Lulu early behind at the beach. My Padi course started around 4:30 pm. I safely stored my camera and snorkel gear and jumped back on my scooter a raced back to my room for a sec. I was quite late but luckily the nice Sairee dive school huts are just a hundred meters away from our room. I flip flopped over in just a shirt and trunks as being dressed always here. Its anyway too warm for something else and a possible swim is always waiting just around the corner. I climbed the stairs to the just a bit elevated school room where a bearded guy sat in already. It looked like we two are the only participants so we used the time for a first chat. Blaine is a Texan guy who’s on a world trip for a while. If i remember right kind of a similar story as mine, he’s just a few years younger. Then finally somebody from the dive school came, handed in a few documents to sign, some study papers and said a few words about the schedule. She also introduced Blaine as my Dive Buddy. Subsequent to, she pressed the play button and the Padi guru started talking in this old school charm instruction video. It wasn’t too bad and just made us looking forward to the more interesting practical parts. IMG_3105

IMG_3161 Finally when the credits rolled on Blaine and I headed out to enjoy the evening. He went on to explore the little township or go to the nearest pub/restaurant :-). I went back to Lulu. We still had our scooters. So we decided to head out of town and explore the island a bit at night. A lot of fun. Scooters are just awesome. We only had a lose track map with us so we hit some dead ends but also nice hotels in the middle of now where. Even though we didn’t found awesome fun good fun just to drive around. And somehow I remember one  big rock at the entrance of this one hotel/bar thingy … but that’s it. Don’t know why.


First dive ever – 27.9.2012

I was so nervous about this trip today I forgot my camera. So I’ll just throw in some pictures from the other Days. Can’t really tell the difference anyways.

IMG_3203 This morning Blaine and I met the Scotsmen Gordon, our dive instructor for the Padi open water course. He has such a funny accent, in the beginning even hard to understand. We did our quizzies in the books and got mentally ready for whats next. I was looking so forward to that for a long time. Finally. First we took our wetsuits from the dive shop and all the other gear, hopped on a pickup truck and headed to the harbor. 15 minutes later we reached the busy harbor. A lot of the typical boats here where used for transport. But a lot for diving. Before hopping on our boat we unloaded all the oxygen cylinder from the pickup truck and handed them over to the local crew on the boat. They all looked like Tibetans or Mongolian Sherpa's. They don’t speak English but they where overwhelmingly nice, friendly and really professional the whole time. When everything got stored we headed of. We where now a few groups with different dive instructors on the boat. While the boat took its way half way around Koh Tao each group got more instructions from their individual dive master.


Gordon made sure Blaine and I understand to pay attention all the time under water to the dive buddy. He taught us all the funny under water signs like pistol (attention there is a triggerfish), thumbs up (descent) or the death sign (oxygen is around 70 bar, for lets head back, safety buffer and stopping in the 5m safety zone for a while). Then we had to put the gear together. The cylinder was already at its upright position, we only had to fix the BCD (Buoyancy Control Device) to. I swapped my regulator until I had a working one, connected the tubes as Gordon described and checked function. We had to check the air for pollution, that there is enough pressure on the cylinders (between 200-220) and the whole system doesn’t lose any air without using the regulator. And then using the first and second regulator to assure to get air just in case I want under water. First time I did one basic mistake :-). I had the vent of the oxygen cylinder turned 180° the wrong way. So it would have pointed to the back of my head leaving no space for the regulator and shit. So I had to redo everything. Gordon did see it before of course but said afterwards that will be a good lesson. He was right. Never did mistakes on the gear again.


IMG_3129 We reached our spot just on time to head into water first. Gordon advised us to inflate the BCD completely so we don’t sink to the ground directly. It would have happened if not with all the additional weights around belt and foot. I would have never thought that the diving gear would be so heavy. Not only that it makes you feel really clumsy. But hey, it looks awesome ;-). Last thing before liftoff: don’t forget to put the fins, goggles on and the regulator mouthpiece in. And better don’t forget to turn on the main vent from the oxygen :-). Gordon said its one of the worst feelings ever when you try to breath but you cant. First Blaine, then the always smiling crew member leaded the way and helped pushing me and my oxygen cylinder over the edge of the boat.


IMG_3212 A big splash later the three of us swam closer to the shore until Gordon gave us to understand to descent. Guess what? It’s the thumbs down sign. Slowly we deflated our BCD and drifted quite fast downwards. My ears did hurt quite a bit. Seems equalization is kind of hard for me. Kind of expected that. It reminded me of the problems I had while skydiving. This first dive we didn’t go very deep. Just a few meters until we hit the ground. A couple minutes later also my ears equalized and it became all amazing an stunning. Breathing under water is an indescribable feeling. I’d thought breathing in through the regulator would be hard and different, but its almost as easy as breathing is over water. As usual here the water was unbelievable nice blue colored with nice caustics on the ground and a lot fish around. Especially beautiful Angelfish. Actually we where right at the same spot where Lulu  and I have been yesterday for snorkeling.


IMG_3178 Kneeling on the ground, Gordon taught us the basics like what to do when we loose the mouth peace or if one part of the regulator doesn’t work. So we had to take underwater the mouthpiece out, throw it behind us and fiddle it back. Funny knowledge, if you have to puke while diving, don’t take the regulator out of the mouth, puke right through it. We also had to dive buddy swap the regulator, take off the cylinder and put it back on. Hardest thing head wise is to take off the goggles and lose the regulator and put the goggles back on. Not hard or anything but first a bit scary though. Another piece of Jakob’s gained diving knowledge is how you get the water out of the now water filled goggles on you face. You just have to breathe out through your nose and magically the water disappears. If I would have known that all the time before, when I was snorkeling. Also how to avoid fogging the goggles. Just use detergent on the glass before.


IMG_3217 Then we got to the really fun part, the buoyancy factor. Inflating and deflating the BCD and also how breathing affects the level. That for we had to put our fins on the ground careful with the corals and try to hover with the upper body just with the right amount of air in the BCD and controlled breathing. Its hard to not just rocket up or get to a comfy sleeping position. After a while we managed being mediocre enough to continue. It got way better over the time.

We checked our pressure gauges, nearly 100, and did head back to the boat. Time fly's by really, while diving. 




At the boat all the other divers headed back too so you kind of had to wait in line until its your turn. If so you better take off the fin and hand them to the crew and enjoy the heaviness of the gear out of water after you enjoyed the lightness of being in it for a while while climbing up the ladder. Slightly exhausted but very happy Blaine and I stumbled back to our seats and detached all the gear and placed it back into our sport bags. We where in a hurry cause the weather turned quite drastic in the last few minutes. The water was pretty choppy already while heading to the boat. Now it got even rougher and windier.

IMG_3221 So the boat started rocking back while we stumbled around grabbing a drink and some fruits and biscuits they always serve (nice). This time we didn’t stumble because of the heavy load but because of the hard rocky movements of the boat. Seriously it was so hard, I never experienced it that bad before, even the crew was very scared, one very hard hit, they said afterwards and the anchor would have fallen off and worse things would have had happened. Fortunately the worst thing happened that one girl sick of the shaking vomited in the cabin. I’m so glad I can deal with rough seas quite well. Another Incident was the big butcher knife for the melon and pineapple hung on just a nail and behind it a chopping board. It almost fell down on us. We where sitting on the floor at the back of the ship right below it. The only one jumping around as usual was one of the crew members with ease like its nothing. We pointed on it and he fortunately took it down. And then finally we where in safe harbor.


Not directly at the pier. But just three boats lined up next to it. So every time that happens (which is quite often) a funny parcour like trip begins with all the gear heading if possible straight through all the other boats, balance from one window to the other, grab a pole there, jump on a banana basket, over into the next window, half a staircase down … always greeting the guys on the boat. Until you’re finally at the pier. And then with all the exhaustion an Indian Samosa dealer came buy with these delicious things, but …, no money …. And we where so hungry.


IMG_3234 So we had to postpone that until getting back. But first thing back was taking just a good old shower and to get rid of all the gear. Blaine and I met then back later at the dive school to head out to the fizz bar we wanted to try. We where craving for a drink. The weather still a bit windy but way better as expected. Seems like the bad weather didn’t hit the island directly. Good enough for us to just sit in the open on the deck built right up to the beach sitting relaxed in bean chairs sipping our classy Red bull vodka bucket. Drinking on an empty stomach doesn’t do you good ya mama said. So we gulped down some Thai food and enjoyed the evening. I don’t know who pulled them, very likely Blaine aka Mr. Bandana. It didn’t take long and these two Canadian Girls where joining our “table” setup. In the end they even wanted to see his hut. At that time I think Blaine’s ritual of cleaning his room always before he leaves (even tuck the bed and stuff) played out once more. He says he always does cause there might is a girl wanna check out the room. And he doesn’t want to leave a bad first impression. Smart guy this Blain :-). But that night the girls really where just interested in how the huts are. Same as me by the way. Cause I really wanted to get rid of Lulus and my shabby room.

Anywhere Blaine and I did split up and I met with Lulu. We went out for, surprise, a couple of drinks, again. I only remember that we got home pretty drunk that night.


Diving Regularly – 28.9.2012

IMG_3245 Also this day was almost completely filled with Diving, yay. But first we had to continue the theoretical part of the course. We finalized everything and done the little test. Dive planning is kind of hard for me, somebody else should do. But there for my dive buddy Blaine comes into play. He is good at it :-). And then we went out for our first real dives. Two actually. And Robin was on board too to assist Gordon and do her Padi teacher training as well. This time Blaine and I had to do everything ourselves with no assistance. Of course they had a view over everything the last time but except that no safety net anymore.


IMG_3237 Our first dive spot was called Mango Bay. According to my dive notebook we went down to 11m and stayed under water around 45 minutes. When I now look at this book it brings back good old memories. And It also states which kind fish we did see. Here it was: Yellow Tail Barracuda, Red Breasted Wrass, Butterfly Fish, Bannerfish, Butterflyfish, Triggerfish, Bluering Angelfish and Yellowstrip Scad. All very colorful and beautiful fish.

Apparently I’m a good breather. I don’t use a lot of my oxygen cylinder, sweet. The others kind of made fun of me cause I consume almost as much as the instructor. Floating around as a beginner is quite funny. You have serious trouble to float down or up, controlling your BCD, and stay in one position. So Blaine and I ended up bumping accidently into each other and sometimes had a hard time trying to stick together, just in case of an oxygen malfunction, but not too close to gnarl ourselves together


IMG_3214 But what wasn’t fun at all was I found out I wasn’t allowed to use my camera in the water. For the first day, yesterday i just assumed it might is better not to bring it and concentrate on just diving, but today I thought I should give it a try. So first we took a couple of pre dive pictures but when I asked Gordon about how to behave with the camera underwater he informed me Padi doesn’t allow that in the Open Water course at all. Bugger. I not that stupid to just do another course and spend another 800 Baht on dives just to take pictures.

It really pissed me off.


IMG_3185 The second dive spot was called the Twins, two massive rocks in the sea reaching from the ground (around 12m) almost up to the surface. All of it covered in corals and populated with heaps of fish hunting there. I love it when the dives are so vertical as well. It really pays to be that flexible diving 360° in all three Dimensions. This time we did see additionally Scorpionfish, White Eyed Moray Eel, Dancing Shrimp, a huge Bluespotted Ringtailed Stingray and Sixbar Angelfish.


Every time after the dive you have to pee so badly you almost wet your already wet wetsuit. But the oxygen keeps you hydrating so badly. Its well known under divers to just pee in the suits. Gordon always said there are two types of divers, The one that confess they pee in their wetsuits and the others that still do but proclaim they never did. But believe it or not, I so far never did :-).


IMG_3242 Diving consumed most of the day. So afterwards I met with Blane, Lexie and Jamie and went to a Mexican place. Yay, they are back :-). We kept in touch since Penang losely. And we had an roughly appointment on Koh Tao. But seeing them suddenly in our Cottage in on of the more beautiful huts was awesome. So we had some wonderful Mexican food and also celebrated our welcome back with booking the boat trip to the  full moon party and back. Tonight I didn’t drink at all ;-), cause Blaine and I had to go diving tomorrow at 6:30, probably with Robin again. At that point I was kind of tired of all that diving already. My ears felt weird. Gosh, its such a hard, hard backpacker life :-).


Finishing Padi Open Water course – 29.9.2012

IMG_3236 And another day full of diving. But this time even worse cause we started to go out at 6:30am!!!. The first dive was at the Green Rock. Guess what its a massive green in foliage covered rock. There we did see Yellow Tailed Barracuda, Triggerfish, Bigeye Trevelly and Lined Butterflyfish. And this dive was the so far deepest with 17.9 m. Yay. Its crazy having so much water over you. The normal and safest way to enter the water with all that dive gear from a boat like ours is to do the Dead Mexica entry. Which is just as if you would go over a plank and kind of jump into the water with the last step. No turns or any funny business. To spice up the second dive Gordon did let us enter in more exciting way. Barby, aaaaahhhh Robin went in first trying the James Bond entry where you do kind of a whole roll in the air until you dip into the water kind of head first. The boat guy helped her with a push from below against her oxygen cylinder. But she didn’t make the roll completely and did a bit of a funny entry.

IMG_3232 Then I though I should try that too. So I went to the boats exit position like with the Dead Mexican, put on my goggles and in my regulator and waited for the push. Then I tried to roll my body in, to kind of bend forward but didn’t make it at all and smashed head first flat like tree falls on the water surface. All the water splashed straight in my face and I looked up back to the guys trying to tell me something. Then I realized, damned, where are my goggles. I looked all around me and found them. Looking at them I realized, damned, where is the glass of my goggles? I extra wore the nice ones from Gordon cause they give you a nice broad view and let a lot of light in via the light plastic sides. First I thought the whole glass popped just out. But then I did see the remaining scattered glass on the edges. The glass broke in my face while smashing onto the water. Fortunately I must have automatically closed my eyes while it broke so my eyes weren’t affected at all. Just the line all around where the goggles touch the face where a bit bloody. They all made sure I was okay to continue. Luckily I was fine.

IMG_3360IMG_3289 I’m still amazed by the low gravity effect. Its so much fun doing spinning wheels under water. I love that cause you can just slowly swim the whole time up or down without stopping in an top down position. You just go on the full circle. This dive we almost swam the whole time around the rock against the current which is pretty tiring if you have to do it for a while to get back to the boat. But in our case it was all planned so we did that first to afterwards enjoy the way back on the other side of the (this time White) Rock. Sometimes diving feels so calmly slow and overwhelming as if you are drugged. It’s so beautiful and such a nice activity. I love it.


There I decided I have to do the advanced open water course too. That’s such a good marketing mechanism with the no picture policy. Sure its also for safety reasons but it for sure pushes people to get properly into diving. But now that I loved it so much a win win situation. Also Blaine wanted to continue with me straight after the full moon party. If we are able to :-).

IMG_3239 So we successfully finished our last dive session, passed the test and got our first temporary Padi Open Water license. YAY. To celebrate I had some nice lunch for having a good base and met afterwards with Gordan, Blaine and the other “locals” (diving teachers) at the Carpet Bomb bar from a couple of nights before for some more food (free sausies) and drinks. We talked a lot of crap that night and completely forgot about my appointment with Lulu (sorry). When I realized I headed back to pick her up but I caught her her on the way anyway and we went back together and drank some more. After that bar we went to another bar to the center. Called the Hippo. But I was wasted quite fast because of all the dehydration from driving and of course getting up for 6:30am …. So I just stayed until 10pm. Especially a good idea keeping in mind tomorrow night will be the Full Moon Party on Koh Pangan we wanted to spend the whole night awake at.

But more stories about that next time :-)